Communicating with an Inview

Ronan Quinn

I have a AB Micrologix 1200 Plc and an Inview(cat no.2706-P42C).I need to know how to communicate with one to the other. What is the easiest way to do this and what type of interface/cable do I need. having no experience with assigning outputs to the inview i think i will need advice on this aswell

How do i do that.I have Written the messages into the inview Numbering them from 1 to 7 .After this I am Stuck . How do you fill in the AWT command and how does that relate to the inview.I am ging to use the cable i Use for programming the Micrologix as comms with the Inview.

Correct you would use the same programming cable. Can you upload a copy of your inview and plc logic, so I can look over what you have so far. It will make it easier to explain to you what you need to do.

Level Control

Having problems uploading to this website.The programme is a simple level control.All i want to do is when each tank drops below its level sensor it will send a message to the inview to say that it is low.There are 3 tanks each having two messages (tank low then after 5 mins tank empty).I also want to send a message to say that the proccess is running when all sensors are made.There are 7 messages in total.

There are many ways to skin a cat. Seeing your logic just makes it easier to show you what you need to do to correct the problem you are having.