High speed outputs

Daronsirmon

Hi i am trying to get a Mitsubishi Fxon plc to operate a solenoid valve on and off at high speed, ie it's firing a glue gun on and off, cant seem to get my head round it, any ideas.

It seems due to iL (0+ ) = iL (0- ) at commutation moment

and if safety diode present in DO extention board you have solenoid release delay.

If it is, you have to decrease reactivity of load (solenoid) by connection resistor in parallel. Approximately R = 2RL .

What can't you get your head around ? The Logic or problems with the firing ?

Some things to take into account

Switching time of output of plc

Response time of solenoid, AC or DC

Scan Time

Depends how fast your switching is i guess!

Last edited:
I fire glue guns on packaging machinery in 50% duty cycle starting from 10ms alteration with no problem.
I use Festo and Mac 24VDC ~5W solenoid valves.
PLC is FX1N but used to be FX0, FX0S, FX0N.

2/sec is so slow ...
Should be no problem at all.

Last edited: