Eprom fault

DHAMBONE

When I try to burn the program to the eprom I get a fault telling me it has failed. I have s:1/12 set at 1 but I still cannot burn the eprom. Anybody have a suggestion?

Presumably you have an SLC Processor ?

Is the Eprom New? Whats the part number ?

You may find its already been written to Permanently as when burning the Eprom you get the option to Burn Permanent or Write Many, Sorry Cant remember the exact wording Logix 500 uses.

The S:1/10 - /12 bits dont have anything to do with if you can burn the EPROM or not. These bits tells the CPU what to do upon powerup.

Did you insert an EPROM in the PLC ?

Now I feel like an idiot. I went to my maintenance department and found out the piece of equipment I am trying to burn to the eprom on, is the only piece of equipment they did not install the eprom in. That is about my luck. Thank you for your replies. I am going to try another piece of equipment. (That I know has the eprom in it)

Possibly just a matter of terms but the SLC family can accept EEPROMS (Electrically Erasable) or UVPROMS (Ultraviolet Erasable - has a clear glass window). The systems can store a program in an EEPROM but a seperate EPROM burner must be used for UVPROMS. The term EPROM is sometimes used for either type.