RSLinx driver configuration

rebotchw

I am trying to configure the RSLinx drivers. After going through the communicatins >> configure drivers etc, I only see the workstation and not the PLC, we are using ethernet as the device type. Any help will be appreciated.

Two cents contribution to the questions: be sure your PC doesn't have the same IP address of the PLC and be sure if you connect directly from the PC to the PLC to use a "cross" Ethernet cable or if you don't have a cross cable, use a switch/hub between the PC and the PLC.

Thanks for all the reply. We see an object after the configuration with the following

Device Type: RSLinx
Online Name: RSLinx Server

I will check the connection to the PLC

Similar Topics

Is there any way to script driver configuration instead of using the rslinx gui? It would be nice to just have scripts i can run for whatever...
Replies
Views
I have a number of clients who have large Rockwell PLC networks with deep hierarchies. Since RSLinx cannot auto-browse the Ethernet networks on...
Replies
Views
Hello all. My rslinx freezes for several minutes each time a USB device is browsed. I thought I was freezing indefinitely, but disabling...
Replies
Views
How does RSLinx Classic EtherNet/IP Driver "Windows Default" adapter relate to the all of the available Windows adapters? Is there a way to...
Replies
Views
I installed RSLinx Classic OEM 4.21 and tried to configure a Ethernet/IP driver on it, but in the RSWho window I cannot see the workstation or the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom