Help with Micrologix bit comparison

nichollr

I'm trying to compare the upper 8 bits of a word with the lower 8 bits of another word. Is there a simple way of doing this? I can think of some complicated ways of moving these bits to a new word, then using the MEQ command, but haven't come up with some simple soulution. BTW, I'm using an AB Micrologix 1500 LSP Series C processor.

You can shift the high order byte of a word into the low order byte by dividing by 256.

If A is the word with the high order byte and B is the word with the low order byte, then MOV A to C. Bitwsie AND C with FF00h - this clears the low order byte of C, then divide C by 256. Move B to D, bitwise AND with 00FFh to clear the high order byte of D. Finally compare C to D.

Alternatively you could use a masked move to move only the high order byte of A to C and the low order byte of B to D and skip the bitwise AND.