changing panelview 2711 from ethernet to serial comms

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
I need to change a panelview 2711 comms from ethernet to serial. it talks with a l34 flex processor. Im about to try and figure it out on my own but was hoping someone could enlighten me in case I cant. thanks.

PanelView Standard terminals can only use their network port for communications to controllers. If you have a PanelView Standard that has an Ethernet port as well as a serial port, the serial port can only be used for upload/download or as a printer port.

PanelView Plus terminals can use any installed port to communicate to controllers. The connection path is defined in RSLinx Enterprise, on the "Target" tab.

Post the exact part number of the PanelView you are using.

In general, an Ethernet connection is much faster than an RS-232 serial connection. Why do you intend to switch ?

I was able to get it figured out. this will probably sound ridiculous to most everyone but the reason we have to change it is because of a standard.