Changing Target IP Directly on Panelview 1000

Hello all,
I am changing the target device IP directly on a Panelview1000, and every time power gets cycled it seems to "forget" the new target IP. The steps below are exactly what I have done.
1. Went to terminal settings
2.Selected Network and Communications
3. Selected RSLinx Enterprise Communications
4. Scrolled to the target device, and then selected Edit Device.
5.Changed the IP and then went back to the config screen.
6. Loaded the application and did not replace terminal communication settings with the applications.

The application works fine after I follow these steps, it is after I cycle power when the Panelview seems to lose the target IP.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks,

EDIT: I misread the question

What you are changing is the RSLinx Enterprise shortcut to the PLC. Not the IP address for the PV. Then you are downloading and telling it to not use that change. Which is good.

Here are the steps to change the terminal IP address"
  1. Scroll to Networks and Communications and select
  2. Go to Network Connections and select
  3. Select Network Adapters
  4. Verify built-in Ethernet adapter is elected and then select IP Address
  5. Change DHCP to "No"
  6. Select IP Address and then enter the correct IP address
  7. Select Subnet Mask and assign the correct Subnet Mask
  8. Select OK to accept the change
  9. Select OK to reboot the terminal

OG

Last edited:
You did not state what version of Panelview 1000 you're using...

There are (2) option to solve this issue.

(1) First off load your MER application at the beginning and make your usual changes just like the steps stated and what should happen when you select OK > Close, it will ask if you want to save the current communication to the "application.mer" file. Selecting YES will update your runtime with the current changed communication settings.

(2) Do the steps just like you have done but,
Go to the Terminal Settings > Startup Options
Select Edit > Run Options and toggle the "Replace Factorytalk Linx Communications" to NO then OK.
This will allow the runtime to startup and use the terminal configuration instead of the runtime application's one.

Hope this is clear

KuulKuum solution #2 is the way I would do it. I did not think #1 would work to change the actual MER. Never tried it.

OG

This is why I made the statement about What version (firmware) is the PV. edit... but the runtime could be an earlier version.
Not sure when the modify of the runtime communication configuration was implemented but the last time I tried it (v10) it did update the MER file with the changes.

You did not state what version of Panelview 1000 you're using...

There are (2) option to solve this issue.

(1) First off load your MER application at the beginning and make your usual changes just like the steps stated and what should happen when you select OK > Close, it will ask if you want to save the current communication to the "application.mer" file. Selecting YES will update your runtime with the current changed communication settings.

(2) Do the steps just like you have done but,
Go to the Terminal Settings > Startup Options
Select Edit > Run Options and toggle the "Replace Factorytalk Linx Communications" to NO then OK.
This will allow the runtime to startup and use the terminal configuration instead of the runtime application's one.

Hope this is clear

The second option is what I ended up going with! Thank you mucho.