S7 PLC and WinCC Flex project size

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
My 'small' project shows up on my hard drive as 80MB in size. I think it may be down to Flex doing intermediate compiles. Flex is integrated in the project

What is the best way to 'purge' unwanted bloat to get to the actual working bit. I have considered getting the flex project out as a HMI file, loading the PLC program into a plc, creating a new project, uploading plc files and re integating flex but this seems rather inappropriate.

I have something like 20 HMI pages in Flex with a minimal amount of JPG/Bitmap files

Cheers

I get rid of the "bloat" in a non flex project by performing a Save As and selecting the 'with re-organising' option. I then delete the original project, then do another Save As back to the original name.

You could also try archiving the project, deleting the project and then retrieving the project.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried the reorganisation but still the same. I have looked around the folder and i have a folder called HMIeS which contains 4 folders, Project1, Project2, project3 and Project4. My HMI is called MP370 inside the S7 project listing area. Each 'project' is around 15mb in size.

I am looking around siemens website now

Cheers

I have managed to clear out all but one of these projects (The one i am using),my S7 project folder is now 38MB which still seems kinda large but maybe that is the best i can get it without archiving.

Cheers

There is a Siemens FAQ on how to cut out the dormant parts in WinCC Flexible project. Search for it yourself if you are interested. In WinCC Flexible 2007 it should happen automatically (I have heard).
It is something about that only the .hmi file and the _log.LDF file are really needed.

Archiving+dearchiving from STEP7 wont do anything to reduce the project size.

I have projects where the .hmi file is between 25 and 40 MB, not much you can do about it. Again Flexible 2007 should generate smaller .hmi files.

The only problem I have with the file size is when you have to email projects.