MM430 Commissioning with no load

henno2000

Hi, I am trying to commission a set of MM430 drives using the function block example as found @ https://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?query=micromaster&func=cslib.cssearch&content=skm%2Fmain.asp%3Ftab%3D2&lang=en&siteid=csius&objaction=cssearch&searchinprim=_searchinprim_&nodeid=99&x=16&y=8

Using FB63/DB44/54 I am trying to get the drive to output various speeds depending on particular inputs etc. There is no motor connected to the drive, and I am receiving the A0922 fault, which means that there is no load present. Upon inspecting the Instance DB, the output 8.6 (O_DATA_ERROR) is true.

Would this be due to the fact that there is no load connected? If so, is it possible to output a frequency from the drive with no load connected?

Regards,
henno2000

Hi,

I've never tried to run one myself without a motor connected....have you tried setting the no-load threshold (P2179) to 0% to see what happens?

Will give it a go, I tried altering the no-load detection time to 10s, but this had no effect, I still got the DATA_ERROR output to be true

You could always monitor the speed demand being received from Profibus in the drive to verify the correct speeds are being sent. Alternatively, if there is a spare word in the telegram sent from the drive you could just map the speed demand back to the plc and check things that way.

I remember having the same problem when testing a MM4 drive.
Dont know if there is a setting somewhere that could bypass the load checking, but I do remember that we simply connected a small motor only for testing.

L D[AR2 said:
You could always monitor the speed demand being received from Profibus in the drive to verify the correct speeds are being sent. Alternatively, if there is a spare word in the telegram sent from the drive you could just map the speed demand back to the plc and check things that way.

Wasn'y sure that this would be possible for the fact that there is an error signal present. Will try just with a small motor if all else fails.

Regards,
henno2000

Reducing P2179 clears the no load error, but still no joy. There is no motor available as yet, but monitoring the instance DB I have also notced that the drive is not ready, I think this is down to the fact that there is a data error fault, but am unsure of how to clear it. I have attached a screendump of the instance DB. (I would have thought that just enabling the drive should make it ready, but do not know how the data error has appeared)

Regards,
henno2000

If you have no motor,you please connect two nos 230V AC bulb with a serise connections.Now you test the MM430 with a load.

rgds,

tarok.seal

When the quick commissioning function has been enabled and the parameters have been entered, does the drive automatically enable the motor to spin (ie - paramter test)?

The reason I am asking is because of the fact that the motors that are to be connected to the drives are in situ and are coupled to uni-directional pumps, which is are driven in the wrong direction could cause serious damage. If so, is there any way to disable this feature when the parameters have been entered?

Regards,
henno2000

henno2000 said:
... but monitoring the instance DB I have also notced that the drive is not ready, I think this is down to the fact that there is a data error fault, but am unsure of how to clear it.
I_enable and I_reset_error are both set to TRUE.
Set both to FALSE, and then set I_reset_error to TRUE. This should clear any pending errors.

Anyway, havent you got a HMI screen from the sample project with all the parameters, error codes etc. ?
It assists greatly in starting up the drive the first time.

henno2000 said:
When the quick commissioning function has been enabled and the parameters have been entered, does the drive automatically enable the motor to spin (ie - paramter test)?

The reason I am asking is because of the fact that the motors that are to be connected to the drives are in situ and are coupled to uni-directional pumps, which is are driven in the wrong direction could cause serious damage. If so, is there any way to disable this feature when the parameters have been entered?
It sounds like you are not using the HMI screen in the sample project for commisioning the drive. Why dont you ? I think I remember you found the sample project with the HMI screens, and you were basing your PLC and HMI programs on that.

Anyway, no matter which method you use you dont absolutely have to use the quick commisioning motor identification method.
It should be enough to set all the basic motor parameters manually.

I was going to use the quick commissioning method for calculating the magnetisation etc, and was wondering what happened when it has finished. IE - does the motor automatically run to indicate that the quick commissioning has completed?

FYI, I have used the S7 blocks from the example, but nothing to do with the HMI

Regards,
henno2000