Download to a PV 900 w/ DH485 problem

tjoneill

Hello all,
I need some advice. I have a Panelview 900 #2711-T9A2 that I am trying to download to without any success. I tried using the 1747-pic driver with the Interface converter using the 1747-C10 cable and nothing. I even tried to get in by using the 1784kt driver with the PCMK card and the 1784-PCM4 cable and still nothing.
Can anyone help?
Thank you

Assuming that your PC properly supports the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx, you might still not be able to connect to the PanelView.

Here's why: the 1747-PIC needs 24VDC power. That power can come from a controller's front port, or from a 1747-AIC isolator, or can pass through a PanelView terminal if the PanelView is also connected to one of those devices.

But if it's just the PanelView and the 1747-PIC, there's nothing to provide that 24VDC power. The -PIC and the PanelView are both considered "peripherals" on the DH485 network, to be provided with power by CPUs and network isolator boxes.

Next problem: It might be a typo, but you must be absolutely certain when defining a "KT" driver that you correctly specify the "PCMK" as the Device Type. Accidentally defining a -KT or -KTX on a laptop is an invitation to a Windows hardware driver conflict and operating system crash.

Frankly, I don't remember if the 1784-PCMK/PCM4 has the same requirement for the DH485 power pins. Be certain that you are choosing a node number for the driver that is different from the terminal.

I troubleshoot things like this by plugging the PanelView into an SLC-5/03 or 1747-AIC isolator and then attempting communications.

Don't forget that PanelView Standard terminals with v3.0 and later firmware can use ATA memory cards. Saves a lot of hassle with the old DH485 cabling.

Thanks Ken,
After I had submitted this problem, I tried again to connect to the PV through the PCMK card using the AB_KT-1,DH485 driver and it worked. I did nothing different...PanelBuilder was at node 0, Panelview was at node 2 and at the same Baud rate,, the only differnce i noticed is that i had deleated the other 2 drivers i had running in the background??
The problem that you were talking about with defining -KT or -KTX instead of a PCMK does exactly what you said it does, I found out the hard way a while back.
Thanks for the help again Ken