AB Sercos with other drives

To the best of my knowledge there is nothing you can do with CompactLogix. You may have an opportunity with ControlLogix using a 1756-M08SEG (I think that number is right). However, AB won't just unconditionally release this module. You need to show them that there is no alternative in the AB family or come up with some 'good' reason why you can't stay all AB. The M08SEG also does some funny things at module start with writing to some parameters you wouldn't necessarily expect.

We are currently linvolved with a project using several M08SEG with Indramat drives. It does work as far as we can see. However, we have a pretty simple web control application so I don't know how capable the combination really is.

Keith

Originally posted by SirScott:

It costs $3,000 more than the 1756-MO8SE.

Interesting marketing decision, eh? The M08SEG is a M08SE with stripped down firmware. There is really no reason for the cost difference other than to move people toward full AB servo systems.

Keith

AB says it is a released product, but gives a crazy list price to load different firmware on a standard M08 card.
Though you can negotiate better pricing pending on how big of a user you are.