MELSEC-A Communicatioin

glenglen

Im using A1SHCPU and A1SJ71E71-B2 to connect to the Cimplicity HMI.
I've followed the steps from the manuals, but the connection is not there. the RDY LED is blinking. what is the problems? any things i need to notice?

note: when i ping the IP address of the A1SJ71E71-B2, i got replies.

cont...

im using Mitsubishi PLC. im using coaxial cable to connect PLC and PC (HMI) through hub. can anyone help me?

I didn't use A1SJ71E71-B2 or Cimplicity, but...
It look like you are connecting both using old
ethernet infrastructure. Can you ping both devices
(HMI and PLC)? Can you go online with PLC through
A1SJ71E71-B2 (just to make sure it works)?
What is the configuration of the A1SJ71E71-B2?
Did it initialize correctly (check the mapped X devices
for errors or click in your WinGPP on Diagnostic, etherent...).

panic mode

The scenario:
I have one existing Ethernet Module (Slot 1) connecting to HMI. It works prefectly. Currently i'd like the add one backup Ethernet Module (Slot 2) in order if the connection is lost, then i can read values from my backup Ethernet Module. The ladder logic is copied from the existing Ethernet Module and made some values changes only, but it doesn't work.
Im connecting PLC and PC through network hub. I got replies when i ping the IP address for both Ethernet Modules. I checked few times already. The problem is the connections (ports) don't establish because the BUFs LEDs don't light up at all (only for backup Ethernet Module, the existing one works prefectly).

so, what is the problem? thanks...

It sounds like your Ethernet cards are the first
two cards in the PLC rack. This means that card#1
has base address 0 (range 00-1Fh), card#2 is using
base address 20h (20-3Fh) so you need to modify
program for this card and offset all addresses
as follows:
For I/O (X and Y devices) for second card, you
should use same program logic but replace X0 with X20,
X1 with X21, X2 with X22 etc. (same applies for "Y"s).
When using TO and FROM instructions, use base address 2
instead of 0 (omit last digit from base address so
instead of 20h you should use 2h).
For example if you use something like this for the
first card:

---||-------[TO H0 K20 K2000 K1]

code for the second card would be

---||-------[TO H2 K20 K2000 K1]

In case you don't have all manuals they are avaliable
for download from www.meau.com
If you think problem is elsewhere, you would have to provide
more details.

regards,

panic mode

thanks

thanks for your help...
i solved the problem already... i din't edit the HOST file in my OS...

how to initialize ethernet

i have problem to communicate between A1SJ71E71-B2 and PC(HMI),i can't ping.(time out).
i have initialize IP Address at Ethernet (trough PLC Program), but still can't communicate.

post the network card settings and explain what do you use for connection (just a crossover cable, straight cables and hub, switch...), what are the ip addresses of both PC and PLC, what is
the subnet mask, how many nodes are on the network (is there a chance of address conflicts)...