AB Pre-Wired Terminal Question

Psymon

Hi-

I'm looking at getting a pre-wired IFM setup for my 1756-IF16. When I was looking for the cables, I saw that they had seperate ones for voltage and current. I was wondering if someone knew the difference between the two cables. Before I go and buy an 8 channel voltage and an 8 channel current IFM because I have a mix of both.

Ok so I figured it out, it has to do with the wiring configuration of the RTN and iRTN terminals for V or I. Has anybody just bought the cable without the TB attached and wired it as they needed??

working with the older 1771-IFE modules for the PLC-5 family would help you understand what's going on ... they used "jumpers" inside the module to select between VOLTAGE or CURRENT inputs, etc. ...

the GOOD news is that the newer 1756 analog input modules don't have the "jumpers" INSIDE the module ...

the BAD news is that you have to wire the "jumpers" OUTSIDE the module ...

that's why picking the correct prewired terminal blocks can be challenging ...

I've heard of people buying the prewired terminal blocks - and then "doctoring" one or two connections to match the required setup ... probably some of the other guys on the forum will have some experience with that - or a better suggestion ...