Who makes pre-build pre-wired enclosure with PLC

Have to agree with you Paul.

Most of mine have been 4 variations.

Most common are the two smaller sizes.

Smallest is a micro with a MCR relay.

Next is a larger micro or a small rack, maybe a starter or reverser. Could probably put in an oversized IEC starter with adjustable overloads and get by with it as a standard universal.

Also do a lot of large cabinets with a 10 slot rack and 2 or 3 starters, and room for customer suppplied equipment.

Largest is two cabinets each with a 10-slot. Maybe a couple a year.

We could probably get away with the two smaller models, they have comprised 90%+ on our work for several years. About all that changes is the program and wire numbers.

regards.....casey

Contr_Conn said:
How this ONE YEAR OLD topic came back? :oops:

Blame it on Stoney. I picked it up on the first page of the main questions and answers and didnt bother to check the dates on the posts.

Ok so now that all this time has passed, what did you do??

You cant reply to almost year old posr?

Did you build panel for guy or buy one?

You cant reply to almost year old post?

Did you build panel for guy or buy one?

I know this is an old thread but since it seems to pop back up from time to time I thought I'd add something that might put a different light on the subject. No matter how much planning and forethought you put into a control cabinet, once the customer has taken delivery pretty cabinets tend to show their age quickly.
[attachment]
This is what most of our control cabinets wind up looking like after the first year here. Wire duct covers are usually never replaced after being removed and yes that is a three phase circuit breaker hanging by its leads in the lower left corner. (I did move it to the open spot on the din rail next to what used to be the disconnect later even though it's out of the scope of my job duties.)

set103_02.jpg

Last edited:
This would be the closest we come to a pre-wired panel.

We only have to add up to 5 inverters and 100+ PLC I/O's.

panel.gif