How can you handle this?

Leonardo2003

Pride vs Money?

Its really hard to accept the fact that the world still go around because of money. What I mean is no matter how high is our pride, we are still going down to earth because of money. Like us here, we have no choice but to still flow on the system although our hearts dont want too. How can you accept this that your "Boss" is not capable for his job, but you have no choice because he is very powerful to the top management. He is blaming you and tell them that it is your fault even though he is the one and it his idea if it goods??? Something crazy about it...don't you think???

Unfortunately Leonardo2003, there are times / places that "it's not what you know, it's who you know" and it sure sound that your boss lives up to the saying "A ounce of image is worth a pound of performance".

"Company Politics" do suck, but it's a realty that we must live with.

About the only thing one can do is to align yourself with the REAL talent in your company and sooner or later, your bosses BS will come back to bite him.

Just make sure to document, document, document, all of his requests and orders, so he is unable to dump his mistakes on you, so you take the blame.

Remember, do what the boss asks for, and CYA (Cover Your A**)

I agree with you, "company politics" is really very sucks here... They just used you for their self promotions. Anyway, because of this, we develop our patience regarding on this situation, but if you think about your career, your just wasting your time. So better to look for the future of my family.

Sometimes we are realize that its better to get a thing from you rather your ideas or achivement. It really sad to think that you are used by them from their personal ambitions. We have nothing to do because we are in their weird world, important is even a single cent, they should pay what we are working.

Thanks for the very nice advice... something to realize also...

dodge.gif

My ex boss was like that. He is the plant managers brother-in-law so he got away with whatever he wanted. We all just did our jobs and a little CYA and all worked out well. I am now in his job which is great but instead of getting rid of him they promoted him. He is now failing at his new position because he has no one to make him look good.
Just keep doing a good job and remember when it comes down to it, Business is Business and the higher ups will boot him out quickly if his lack of talent starts to reflect on them.

Bob

I find it interesting how many ppl put in the role of management are really not the correct person for the job. But, through family, friends or someone that just stabs ppl in the back to get to the top of what they perceived as the ladder of success. When it is achieved in this manner it will not last.

When I was a manager of a large non-union maintenance crew we did everything from engineering, electrical, concrete work, machine installations, design, etc… I was far from a mechanical engineer, far from a carpenter and ever further then a control engineer. But on a weekly basis we all met, talked and I always explained that there was nothing I do that God doesn’t give me the ability to do. And there is no way I would be in the position I was in with out the men below me. They are what made me what I was and they are what made the department succeed. Never did I use “I” when the job went well or under budget. I used I when something was messed up or something caused excessive problems. The other thing is never, ever forget where you come from and how you got there.

There will always be the manage that knows it all but knows nothing. This is the guy that looks for others weaknesses and uses this to exploit them. This is the guy that will always blame other and departments when something he did is screwed up. No one usually likes this guy and he will most likely rule using fear instead of managing.

As I explained to my department many times, don’t let this kind of guy get to you. He will get what he deserves in his own due time. Life is a big wheel and what comes around will go around. Some ppl have a much larger wheel and takes longer. But believe me, it will happen.

Leonardo2003, bid you time well. Have pride in the job you do, but don’t be proud. (catch 22)

I have found that on the job, you have control of one thing- what you do. Nothing else. Do your best and don't fret about what other people do.

Reminds me of an analogy.

A company is like a tree full of monkeys. Some are climbing up, some are climbing down.
The ones towards the top look down and see a bunch of smiling monkey faces. The ones toward the bottom look up a see a bunch of monkey ***holes.

Here in our company a lot of monkeys are here, smell like a monkey, brain like a monkey and attitude like a monkey. I dont know if they are eating only bananas....just kidding. :)

All of you are right, why we are going to be affected by the others. I remember the story of Steven Covey in his book of Seven Habits of Effective People about the person who is going to sentence on dead during ww2. He told to himself that they can do anything on his body but the principles and personal freedom he has will never taken away by anyone else. (Maybe this is not the perfect word, but I guess the meaning look like this) Luckily, he survived from torture...

Covey is right, we have to live through a good principles...

dodge.gif