Simple Program in PICO

iknowsomeplc

Hello experts,
I have used PICO 5 years ago, now dont remember many commands. I need to write a small logic to compare IA01 and write QA01 value. something like this.

If IA01 < 100, then QA01 = 0
If IA01>500, then QA01=1000
else QA01 = IA01*2

After going through manuals, i got confused. I am really struggling with CP and Arithmetic comparators. Anybody used similar ligic ? Can you help me?

try that, it solves your first two statements, should be enough to go on to solve your else statement.

cheers

myles

Last edited:
Wow.. thanks for the prompt response.

But, I am not able to open this file in my Picosoft which I just downloaded from AB. It says, the "The project contains a device that is not supported." Any idea?

yeah i used picosoft PRO, and i think you need that for the ones with the HMI, i just picked any module so i could write teh code i will change it to a simple one, on saving a project what type of extension does your software save as? the pro is e60.

cheers

myles

also what is the part number of the device you are trying to program?

might not get back to this until tomorrow, sunday shift nearly over
icon7.gif

My software shows that it supports eas, e40 and e60 file types. But for some reason not opening your file. I am using Picosoft v6.22 build 3451

Myles probably should just print his program to a PDF file and post that. The GFX Pico is relatively new and you must have Picosoft Pro Version 6.2 or later to open a GFX file. Which means that even if you could read Myles program, you still can't download it to your Pico GFX70 without buying a copy of Picosoft Pro.
The new Pico GFX follows the same format as its Pico family members. Keep it small, simple, and flexible. Output text, message text or fault messages, graphics, pictures, operating instructions, date, time, and more. In addition, you can acknowledge fault messages, enter values, initiate actions, and more. Programming is performed via the use of the display buttons or with new PicoSoft Pro programming software.

Last edited:
Lancie1 said:
Myles probably should just print his program to a PDF file and post that. The GFX Pico is relatively new and you must have Picosoft Pro Version 6.2 or later to open a GFX file. Which means that even if you could read Myles program, you still can't download it to your Pico GFX70 without buying a copy of Picosoft Pro.

yeah but the instructions i used have parameters that are set on the bottom of the screen, i am not sure a PDF of the ladder will help much, i am back at work tomorrow i will swap to the right part numbers and have another crack at it, if not i will just post screen shots if noone else beats me to it!

cheers

myles

Thanks Myles.. I tried myself a bit and came up with this logic and tested. I dont have the software, so entered the program only using keypad. Your logic also similar to this?
CIRCUIT DIAGRAM

CP01LT------------------------------------------------[ DB01T_

I1 IA01 I1 0

I2 100 QV QA01

CP02GT------------------------------------------------[DB02T_

I1 IA01 I1 1000

I2 500 QV QA01

CP03GT-----------CP04LT--------------------------[DB03T_

I1 IA01 I1 IA01 I1 MD01

I2 100 I2 500 QV QA01

FUNCTION RELAYS

AR01 MUL +
I1 IA01

I2 2

QV MD01

you have used the same instructions with the CP and DB, however i used an NU-Constant for the value to be moved into your output.

did it work when you tested it?

cheers

myles

By the way, when I copied from word, all text got misaligned.
Here is the actual program I tested and it is working fine.

CIRCUIT DIAGRAM

CP01LT------------------------------------------------[DB01T_
CP02GT-----------------------------------------------[DB02T_
CP03GT-----------CP04LT------------------------ [DB03T_

FUNCTION RELAYS

AR01 MUL +
>I1 IA01
>I2 2
>QV MD01

CP01 +
>I1 IA01
>I2 100