Dh485 Drivers Configure Slc503

traveltyme

I'm new to this and need some help. I cannot communicate with my SLC503 DH485 link. Configured RSLogix driver for DH485 (EMU) only choice, Config'd processor for dh485, When I do a WHO, RSLogix driver box displays "processor is not an SLC 500------ HELP! DOES COM using serial DF_1 config.
Cheers,
Ray

magicsmoke said:
are you plugging your cat. 5 into a 1747-uic module or are you just plugging it into your ethernet port of you laptop?

I hope NOT!!!

The SLC5/03 does have an ethernet port its a DH485 port. Do not plug it in to your PC's ethernet port. ( if thats what you were going to do.) You will damage your PC/Laptop.
To use the DH485 port you need a 1747-PIC or a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter)
See PDF's below

Last edited:
Well thats just DUCKY! Yes, fom PLC dir. to ethernet port on PC. Should have known better with this Rockwell stuff Ya have to have some kind of $5000.00 convertor, silly me!

Check your PC's ethernet port you may have damaged it.

Your best bet is the UIC. Price not all that bad

pricePIC_UIC.jpg

Last edited:
ON 504 DH+ Could I go straight between PLC and PC? and what would the processor config. be? ie: Channel config. CH0 USER CH-1 SYS. on line HELP does not explan SEtups. AND yes(i'ts been a while) I totaly forgot,mea culpa, 501's use this! Been years since i touched this stuff
Ray

Mickey said:
I hope NOT!!!

The SLC5/03 does have an ethernet port its a DH485 port. Do not plug it in to your PC's ethernet port. ( if thats what you were going to do.) You will damage your PC/Laptop.
To use the DH485 port you need a 1747-PIC or a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter)
See PDF's below

Correction to the above statment: (typo insert not)
The SLC5/03 does NOT have a ethernet port.

Yea Mickey
It's all coming back to me now--- I was going to say, I thought ethernet is 05' and that PIC was for PARALLEL ports------ON 504 DH+ Could I go straight between PLC and PC? and what would the processor config. be? ie: Channel config: CH0-1 USER - CH-1 SYS. on line HELP does not explan SEtups. Can you explain?
Read the document you posted, spot on! Anything re: DH+ qeustion? And FINALLY------ For some reason, My Linx Workstation Icons changed from a PC and proceeor, to (2) Globes?
What's with this?
Thanks MICKEY, You RULE!
Ray

Last edited:
See my post number 9. You can go straight from PC to SLC5/04's Channel 0
serial port. You will need a null modem cable. Leave Channel 0 set for system mode.
You cannot go straight to the DH+ port from you PC. (see post 9)

See pic's below for the SLC5/04 default settings. Be advised channel 0 can be configured for DH485. Do you have the offline file to check its setting?

SLCdefault_1.jpg

SLCdefault_2.jpg

Last edited: