Sometimes I wonder how the world turns

No income tax, no capital gains tax. Freedom!
I got permission to post this from one of our software engineers.

Delta engineer Q said:
I should be happy, I really should that Rockwell finally released a version of RSLogix 5000 that support Windows Vista, even if it was over 18 months after Vista was released and after Windows XP is no longer support by Microsoft. However, when I see that they only support it IF the PC has User Account Control (UAC) disabled, I’m having a hard time being happy about it. It took them 18 months to tell users to turn off UAC so that they didn’t have to modify their code to use permissions correctly!?!?

*sigh*

In other words to use V17 you must turn off the security that Vista supposedly offers. Now it is no better and probably worse than WinXP. So why bother? Oh yeah, you can't get XP anymore.

Delta engineer D said:
The world turns because we have no say in it

It hasn't been a good day for

TWControls said:
I wonder if Delta Engineer D is speaking of the physical world or the Window's world?
The real world. If we could I bet we would make the world wobble.

No doubt there is some relation judging by your quality products
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_(James_Bond)
[/quote]
Yes, Q made our software so it will run with normal user security and we had it done before Vista was released. There is a microsoft developer program where one can get software releases far in advance of the release. I think Q is still running V17 on a virtual machine so that he doesn't need to unlock Vista on his normal development system. I still run WinXP in a virtual machine.