Sometimes I wonder...

I have to comment on this.

I took it a different way. I took at being a guy who let his JOB control his LIFE. So I do not see the reference to it for the rest of Terry's thought or thoughts.

I wish this had been stated in JNelson's thread.

Psychology 101, what we do and have done is part of who we are. It is not about a job taking control of your life, it is that the job is an integral part of your life. This is one of the main reasons many are better and/or more successful than others, if you do not like and think about your work then you will not endeavor to improve.

I think one of, if not the main reason, people get into engineering related fields is because they like working with inanimate objects that can be transformed into a machine etc. I think the problem is not building, designing, or repairing machines etc but the pressures that are added to the job from social interaction i.e. having to perform as well or better than peers, demands from manangement etc for whatever, changing deadlines, etc etc al.

I am not a psychologist but look at that thread, what do most engineer types do for hobbies...something involving machines that allows them to do in solitude, at their own pace, with little or no social interaction.

This same type thought could be applied to bankers, lawyers, accountants, or anyone that has trained in a field of their choice. They like what they do but the external variables can get overwhelming.

Terry just throws this stuff out there to see what responses will be made, more or less a psychological test. It is possible that he missed his meds and got away from the keepers too.

Ron...

Even though y'all didn't consider this "I wonder" for the few days that I asked... I will consider the responses for a few days.

Terry Woods said:
Even though y'all didn't consider this "I wonder" for the few days that I asked... I will consider the responses for a few days.

Terry,
I have been biting my nails.... I am waiting...I have two days 6 hrs and 42min to wait then I can reply....:confused: :confused: :confused:

Terry Woods said:
Ron...

Maybe my math ain't the same as y'alls but accordin ta Phil this was posted YESTERDAY at 6:40PM, I assume my time but maybe yours; therefore I reckon I replied within 24 hours.

So...

...on YOUR planet 24-hours = a "few days"?

That must really cut-in to yer sleeping time!

And DAMN!, don't you see Mondays coming waaaay too soon???

This is what he was talking about Ron...it comes from the original post..
Terry Woods said:
....PLEASE! Take a few days, really, really, at least a few days, thinking about this before you dump on me!.....

I am honoring your request...(its hard though)

geniusintraining said:
This is what he was talking about Ron...it comes from the original post..

I am honoring your request...(its hard though)

It was too hard for me. I already replied.

Git...

Consider the future... YOUR Future!

Consider, very carefully, the Past.

The current is a now-thing... it is not yesterday, as in the past.

The Future has yet to come!

Consider carefully.

rsdoran said:
For years all I heard was BE THE COMPUTER/MACHINE, now it is about human think. .....

So who is changing the rules now? Is it be the computer or human think?
I don't know whether or not the above was tongue-in-cheek, but I'll offer my 2 cents:
  1. What do you want to achieve? How do you want the machine/system to act?......."human think"
  2. How do you make the machine/system do what you decided in step 1?........."be the machine/computer"

Yeah I'm one of the Newbies, well sorta, know more than a few and a whole lot less than most.

I just would like to reinterate the statement about .

This site is called PLC's.Net ( Your Personal PLC TUTOR Site)

and yes the arrogance and more has almost caused me to leave this site, But I am so determined to Learnn more than i know now, and this site holds such a wealth of info that i refuse to leave voluntarily.

IF any of the arrogant ******** here dont want to help me, then **** em......lol

Those veterans that choose to Help Me, will always be appreciated.