S7 Ti Gateway

Dua Anjing

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a means of communicating between Seimens S7 and Seimens Ti on Ethernet. I have checked out redlion but unfortunately they don't have an Ethernet Ti driver. (unless of course they are currently developing one 🤞🏻 ). I have also checked with CTi and there I have two options,
1: Use their 2572 Ethernet card (10 M only)to communicate directly with S7 using send, recieve blocks in S7. or
2: Use their 2572-A Ethernet card (10/100) and use S7 modbus FC's to communicate via Modbus.
We are currently handling this inter-plc comms by OPC but we want to remove these comms from the windows enviroment. Does anyone use any of these methods ? What are there pitfalls ? Anyone have any better idea's ?

Hello Dua Anjing;

The folloing Siemens FAQ contains links to different solutions to interface a 505 PLC to a S7 CPU:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/5854042

The 2 most interesting interfaces you should look at are the CP2572 (to a CP 343-1)over TCP/IP Ethernet or the integrated DP interface of the 505 PLC to the S7 CPU's DP port (if it comes with integrated, you do not mention the type of CPU you will be using).
In this last case, you will have either 2 DP-masters, in which case the DP/DP coupler is a very easy solution to use as long as the maximum size of 244 bytes IN and OUT is large enough for your requirements; or you could look at making the S7's integrated DP port as a slave; the same can be done (in reverse) on the TI using CTI's 2577 slave adapter (just that you need to buy this module)and setting up the S7 as master.
Profibus is a much simpler way to exchange data than Ethernet for the TI505, it requires only configuration, almost no programming (just read/writing from the exchange table you build to the appropriate sections opf ypur program). By the way, you will need Com Profibus (at least v. 3.3) if you want to modify the TI's Profibus configuration.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Last edited: