kepware and cimplicity.

briana banks

Hi All

I'm trying to test Cimplicity with Kepware both Demo and latest version. both are on the same machine.connecting to GE 9030 cpu 374.

Kepware is connecting with PLC and i see the addresses
with good quality.
cimplicity recognizes the kepware and draws all the points from it
but when i click 'Point Control Panel' on those points i cant see the values as if there is no connection between cimp and Kep.

I failed to connect proficy driver server (new opc server from GE) nor directly connect cimplicity to my PLC.

If you are seeing "***" in Point Control Panel, then there is no connection between the OPC Server and Client.

I set up a test project. I am using Cimplicity 6.1 SP6, Kepware KepserverEX V4 DEMO. I used GE OPEN for the model in Kepware since there was no option for the 374. The device driver is GE Ethernet.

I was getting the "***", and also had no clients attached to Kepware. When I went to Tools -> Options in Kepware and set the Default Project, then it started working correctly.

It could also be DCOM Security. Test and make sure you can see data with the OPC Quick Client whihc you can launch from the server toolbar. Quick Client should connect and show data as long as DCOM security is not totally hosed. If that works then call Kepware support, it is free, and have them walk you through configuring DCOM.

partial success.

Hello​
I've managed to connect Kepware tags to cimplicity point by setting the default project of kepware in its tools->options property page as you said.​
So now i see value in cimplicity's 'point control panel' and not asteriks​
I set the kepware to Simulate Device.​
however, although i dont see asteriks,​
if i change the value in a certain tag using kepware opc client​
i dont see the value changes in the connected cimplicity point using cimplicity's 'point control panel' and vice versa.​
why?​
Thanks​

Setting the device to simulate mode peromrs and echo back to the connected client. The only way to se deata changing in this mode is to have both OPC clinets connected with the same poll rate.

Now, form what you are telling me here the reason you are getting asterik's is because there is no communiciatons to the device. The server is sending back bad OPC quality, whci is proper. Cimpliciy chooses to show bad data using the an Asterik in the data field. Other applications willchange back ground color or wire frame the text field.

You need to make sure communications to the device is good. Contact kepwre tech support and they will help you talk to the PLC.

207-775-1660 x211 or e-mail [email protected]

Fred Loveless
Senior Applicaiton Engineer
Kepware Technologies
http://www.kepware.com