search for a value in a DB (S7)

userxyz

Anyone knows how to search in a file...

For example:

I want to find empty spaces in a DB by searching after zero values...

Can I do it with a for next loop in SCL ...

Hows ?

Here's one example:

Code:
FUNCTION FC123:INT //search DB for first zero doubleint. Returns -1 if none found
VAR_INPUT
SearchDB:word;
end_var
VAR_TEMP
index: INT;
wdbLength:WORD;
bWriteProtect:BOOL;
iSFC24Return:INT;
END_VAR
BEGIN
iSFC24Return:=SFC24(DB_NUMBER := SearchDB
		,DB_LENGTH := wdbLength
		,WRITE_PROT := bWriteProtect
		);
FC123:=-1;		//default none found
FOR index:=0 TO (WORD_TO_INT(wdbLength)/4)-1 DO 
IF WORD_TO_BLOCK_DB(SearchDB).DD[index*4] = 0 THEN 
	FC123:=index*4; //returns byte address of doubleint = 0
	EXIT;
END_IF;	
END_FOR;
END_FUNCTION;

Last edited:
Alternatively I think there's also a ready-written FC in the TI->S7 Library of STEP7 to do this. I'm not at a PC with STEP7 so I can't check the number right now, but have a dig around in there.

Ken

I'm prepared to bet that L D[AR2 ...]'s (you've got to get a shorter name!) code is probably shorter, neater, more stable, and easier to understand than FC86. No doubt FC86 will provide the ability to search for any data type in any data block subject to 'n' different criteria with feedback and error codes to cater for 'n^2' different circumstances, but sometimes you just want to find an empty space ...