S7 CP's as Gateway?

rocket

Hi

The attached pic refers:

topol.JPG

Basically I want to reach the "Dam Pumpstation" for S7 programming purposes using the CP cards in the "IRR SYSTEM 1 MASTER" station as gateways. Does anyone know if this IS possible and if so how? I seem to recall a reference to something like this in a manual once but can't remember or find it now...

PS: This is not the main reason for the way I've set things up. The 9.6K Profibus link is to enable Master 1 CPU to communicate to the DAM CPU via radio modems - I already have this up and running. It would just be an added bonus to be able to connect remotely as well from my PG - via Ethernet.

You have to check if all the components in question are routing capable. For recent firmware versions they generally are routing capable.

In your STEP7 project you have to setup a PG/PC that represents your programming PC. Here is a FAQ that describes that part:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/16620173
Ignore that the stepping stone is a PC Station, and not an S7 PLC.
You know that the PG/PC is setup correctly when there appears a yellow arrow over the PG/PC in NetPro (like you can see in the FAQ). The yellow arrow indicates that STEP7 recognizes your PC and the PG/PC to be the one and same.

Hi Jesper. Thanks for this info. Still battling...
Can my "PC Station" Ethernet IP address be different to PG IP Address even though they are one and the same machine? Will routing automatically take place via IRR SYSTEM MASTER 1 to DAM?
NOTE that I will effectively be routing through 3 networks to get to DAM...