1769-L35E to DCS via Modbus

novice

Yet another problem.

The L35E is trying to communicate with a Delta V DCS via Modbus CH0. All the serial settings are matching between slave (L35E) and master (DCS). Modbus mapping to laptop using Modscan works fine. But no communication between DCS and controller. DCS is already set for RS-232 ASCII configuration. Yet no communication. Even changed out the wires. Still no communication. Here we are, with the customer present, trying to figure out why it doesn't work without any success. Is there something on the L35E side that should be looked into but hasn't? It could be the Modbus program, but there was no problems with Modscan. So it can't be the program, can it? I have no idea. We are four engineers here and none of us can figure it out!