Download to PanelView1250+ ??

MattD

I'm new to this software/hardware. I want to create and download application for a PanelView 1250+ (2711P-B12C6) to work with SLC-500 via DH+. I am using Factory Talk View Studio 5.00.00 (CPR9)for development/download. I cannot seem to set-up initial communications with PV+ for download. It has some a couple USB ports, a serial port, an ethernet port, and DH+ (for runtime network). When I navigate the PV1250+ to configure drivers for download, there are three listed: virtual backplane, ethernet, and serial DF1. What is best way to download my application? How do I configure? How do I add a DH+ driver for runtime communications?

Thanks anyone for some help.

The Runtime configuration is done manually (right-click, select Add Driver) in the Runtime / Target tab of the RSLinx Enterprise configuration window.

But for downloading your application, you should configure an IP address in the PV+ configuration menu, then use the Ethernet driver in RSLinx Enterprise to download your Runtime (*.MER) application files.

The other option is to use a CompactFlash memory card or USB memory device to transfer the application file to the terminal. You use the configuration menus to copy the *.MER runtime files from the removable memory to the onboard memory.

Thank you, I'll try the ethernet suggestion next. I don't have a compact flash card available right now. I'll try that next if I can't get it transferred by ethernet. However I did try to transfer the runtime application using a USB memory stick. The PV did not seem to recognize it. With the memory stick in place I opened the file management screen, then copy application, and dead-ended there. The two external sources were grayed out. Only the internal source was available, and of course I don't have anything stored internally yet, so it was empty. What am I doing wrong?