AB Powerflex question

jmaty23

My production plant uses mostly Allen Bradley Powerflex drives. Every once in a while we have a VFD that goes bad. Usually it just doesn't power up. Has anyone ever had this problem before? Has anyone ever repaired these?

Yes, we have had about 10 units do the same thing.We found out later, after throwing the first 8 away that there was a known defect with some of the units and A/B will replace them through your distributor.(do a search on A/B's site to find the information)

If the failed units are within warranty, I surely would sent them back to AB for replacement. If not within warranty, the general rule today is that drives 480V 50hp and smaller are not repairable except for easily replaced items like keypads and maybe an IO card. At 230V, that would be 25hp.

I know, it seems ridiculous but, the way they are assembled, there is no practical way to get them apart for repair.