FactoryTalk View SE Numeric Input

b e c K

Hi there,

I'm currently in the process of porting an old HMI in ME edition to SE edition of FactoryTalk View. Is there a similar numeric input button from ME in SE? I need to reuse the handshake connection but it does not seem to be available in the numeric input button in SE.

Do i have to use VBA to trigger the handshake bit in the plc? If so do i put the code in the NumericInput1_Change() subroutine?

Is there another way to activate the handshake bit without using vba?

Thanks

Go to the Knowledgebase, and look up Answer ID 7186 (Previous TN #A7168)... "Numeric Keypad for RSView32".

That is a MUCH better ActiveX numeric keypad input for RSView32, and works fine in SE. It does include limiting, and handshaking capabilities, without resorting to VBA.

CLEAR! :eek:

Sorry to go resurrecting a 7 year old thread - I've just downloaded the ActiveX control, but I can't for the life of me find the handshake connection. Am I just having a bad case of Friday-itis, or is it called something, er, creative?