CLX node loss fault

frw312

I have a CLX system with multiple nodes on ethernet. If communcations to one or more nodes is lost then the plc faults and shuts doen the entire plant. Is this a configuration error or is there a way to mask out the faults so that the system doesn't shut down? Thanks for any suggestions.

If you open each node in Logix5000 and look at the connection tab there should be a checkbox for "Major Fault On Controller if Connection Fails While in Run Mode". Uncheck this to stop a node loss from faulting the processor.
Andybr

Similar Topics

Controller: 1756-L84E v.35 Prosoft MVI56E-MNETC for ModbusTCP/IP I'm having an issue with some of my write commands. The write command that...
Replies
Views
I have several Avery scale units and they are configured as Generic Ethernet modules, and I am actually reading the data fine for the weight...
Replies
Views
What's the best way to move a tag value from the panelview+7 to the clx plc. We display amps from a power meter on the panelview screen, read in...
Replies
Views
I'm running into an issue migrating a PLC-5 using the newer Logix Designer Export when opening a saved .ACD from RSLogix-5. It has multiple RIO...
Replies
Views
We have two sites that are stranded with no line of site, they are handled by phone/modem with a chain that includes: Stranded site (client)...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom