Trouble with BOM

The Plc Kid

I am trying to make a parts list from a bill of material list on a print.

I am using autocad 2006 and i can't seem to find a way to copy the text from the acad print and put it in excel.

Anyone know a work around?

have you tried to export it to a CSV file (not sure of the program but prob an option)and then import that into excel

This is not the perfect solution but it sorta works. What I do is select only the cells with data in EXCEL and do a "copy" command. Then go to AutoCAD and do EDIT/PASTE SPECIAL/AUTOCAD ENTITIES.

Then you have to play with it a little bit to get the table sized properly. NOTE: I always seem to have problems with the EXCEL cells that are formated as numbers (this is usually the "Qty" cell). Basically it kinda sux.

There are a bunch of separate programs you can buy that are supposed to work very well. I haven't been able to get my company to buy any yet.

Dogleg43

I am trying to go the other way. The BOM is already in acad and i want to put it in excel. This is an old drawing that i did not make.

Thanks for your reply. Now i know how to import from excel.

Thanks

csvout is good, i like it.

the only issue is that if some elements in table are missing, everything below that becomes wrapped around. workaround - fix it in AutoCAD by placing dummy texts to fill the gaps (dot, space, @, anything).

How do you use csvout? I downloaded it and opened it but saw nothing to install. It looks almost like a text file. Do i need to place it in a certain file?

How do you use csvout? I downloaded it and opened it but saw nothing to install. It looks almost like a text file. Do i need to place it in a certain file?

Open your DWG in ACAD. With the DWG open type APPLOAD in the command line. Find csvout.lsp (in the folder you put it in). Click on load.

Type csvout in the comand line. Left mouse click on all the text you want to export. Righ mouse click or enter and save to a file.

Open up this new file with Excel.

Bud