ab 5/03 fault, slot 00 cfg?

ebrakespin

Im very new to this and my work has made me in charge of it :oops:. I had a service guy call and tell me a machine in the field has been faulting with what he said "slot 00 cfg". I think this machine uses a dtam for the interface. The cpu has been changed out as well as the rack to eliminate those as the culps.

any help on what this fault error means or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!

New info,

the error code is 0056h. The dtam users manual says this is because 'The rack configuration specified in the user program is incorrect'.

So is there any other reason this would fault other then having a bad rack or the wrong rack?

There was probably a problem in the connection between the CPU card and the rack which prevented it from properly identifying the rack itself. It may be that just reseating the CPU may have fixed this.

The SLC-500 controllers are very careful about the integrity of the I/O modules in their chassis, and they check at startup and often during runtime to be sure they're all working. The controller will fault if it can't talk to an I/O module, because it considers the system to be out of control when the I/O modules aren't working.

Any error code "5x" in the modular SLC controllers uses the last digit to designate the slot number of the module at fault.

How many slots is your backplane ? Anything special in Slot 06 (the controller is Slot 00).

This mechanism isn't perfect. If there is a general problem with the chassis or the backplane interface from the CPU, it can blame the last module in the system. If you have a 7-slot chassis and are getting error 0x56, it's possible that you have a bad chassis (though replacing it tends to rule that out) or a bad interface between the SLC and the chassis. Noisy power and poor grounds can also result in this error code.