Automation Direct with AB SLC500

Milofish

I am trying to find a way to be able to use the new automation direct productivity3000 on a new project, but instead of having to re-run all the I/O into a new panel have it interface with the SLC500 chassis in the original panel and the I/O modules on there. Similar to RIO used with a scanner and adapter card with AB.

Can this be done? Is there a device that I can use on the SLC500 chassis to replace the 5/02 to transform that rack of I/O into remote I/O?

I seem to have some options with the AD PAC for communications, so hopefully there is a solution.

Anyone have any ideas?

There are ControlNet and Remote I/O adapter modules for SLC I/O. Pretty sure neither of which would be compatible with the AD PAC.

Series C FRN 11 for the SLC 5/03, 5/04 and 5/05 processors now support Modbus RTU Master communication?

You say this is a new project, but you already have the 5/02. Why can't you use this processor?

You would have to use a modbus module from prosoft and leave the ab processor in place. use modbus to move high or low values into registers in the slc from the productivity 3000 and then buffer those registers in the slc and map to the slc i/o addresses.

Not the cleanest solution in the world but!!!!

Most likely it would be easier to rewire but it could be done.