bluetooth proximity switching device

sixpack

I am new to the forum and don't know a lot about electronics. I am learning as i go, and i am hoping someone here can help me. I am looking for a way to use my bluetooth cell phone to identify my proximity to a device and have the device automatically perform a set of programmed actions when i am in a certain proximity and perform a different set of programed actions when i leave that proximity. I have not doubt this is a simple enough thing, but i have very little knowledge of where to begin. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.🤞🏻

maybe the best is to checkout guys like parallax, they have some nifty stuff for these kind of things (no plc but pic's).

Some women come pretty close to your description as well... :rolleyes:

I found this in a news web-site article about the electronics show..
"- ZOMM, a wireless leash for a mobile phone from an Oklahoma-based company of the same name. The device about the size of a ***** chip attaches to a keychain or clothing and vibrates, flashes a light and emits an alarm when you walk out of Bluetooth range. ZOMM, which retails for $US80 "

It may help

As I was saying, try the parallax basic stamp 2 module.
It comes with 16 free configurable IO (discrete in/out, serial comms, I2C, etc...)
Brilliant product and great support.
Easy programmable in there free PBasic software package.
As far as I saw from your drawing, you will only need a couple of resistor (pull up or down) to make it work.

www.parallax.com