GE Series Six software

jurban

I am starting a project for replacing a GE Series Six PLC with an Allen-Bradley ControlLogix PLC. I have an electronic copy of the Series Six ladder logic and would like to be able to print it out or view it on my laptop. However I can't seem to find out exactly what software I need to do this and where I could find this software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Urban
FeedForward, Inc.

Software for the Series Six is called Logicmaster 6. It's a DOS-based package. If your local GE Fanuc distributor has had the product line since the mid 1980s, they ought to be able to help you out.

Of course, since you're converting from GE Fanuc to AB ControlLogix, you may not be on the best of terms with the distributor....

You should have at minimum, three files: xxxxx.LAD, xxxxx.NAM, and xxxxx.EXP. Logicmaster 6 includes the ability to make a xxxxx.TXT listing of the ladder program. Contact me via PM at this site, and I'll give you an email address to send those three files. I'll open them with Logicmaster and create the text file for you.

Steve Bailey said:
Logicmaster 6 includes the ability to make a xxxxx.TXT listing of the ladder program.

Steve

As you know I have this software and plenty of GE series 6 PLC's. Call me 'stupid'!! But how do you do that?

Is it 'contained' within the print functions? This is one function that I very rarely use, come to think of it I can't remember how to set it up to print 'x' amount of rungs. I have forgotten how to do this, mainly because it was such a pain in the *rse to do it when you are running LM6 in windows, that I stopped doing it.

Paul

P.S when we do 'back ups' of our programs we only bother with the .LAD and .NAM files.

When you do a printout, instead of directing the output to go to the printer port, you tell it to go to the hard drive (or to the floppy drive).

To print less than the entire program, first go to F5 (Print Functions), then F6 (Define Output) and modify as needed.

Then go back to the Print Functions menu and select F1 (Print Out) and specify the disk drive and a file name. I don't know about any specific printer-related problems when running under Windows. I keep a 386 computer around for running LM6.

The xxxxx.EXP file contains the rung comments and the coil labels.

jurban

The .NAM file contains the nicknames assigned to each element within the program.

For example:

without the name file (.NAM) present
I 001 O 001
---| |------( )

with the name file (.NAM) present

STARTPB MOTOR1
-----| |---------( )

Thanks for jogging the old grey cells Steve. The problem I have with printing from within windows is the port setting, I cannot remember the port number required.

Paul