CMORE & ML1100 Port??

Tom@Pton

Trying to get my 1st time cmore HMI to communicate with a ML 1100. Laptop is via wireless router to both the 1100 and the HMI. It can to talk to either. I just can't get the HMI to talk to the ML. I suspect my PLC Protocol. It is set to AB Ehernet/IP client(ML 1100). IP Address of the 1100 is correct. Port is the question. Help file says to use the default value pf 44818 unless I am going through a router...OK so how do I know what I should use?

Wasn't that at all. Just me and a DAA.

Did learn that the PanelView Component and Cmore HMIs could care less where the commands come from. Muliple HMIs is on the list for this project eventually.

ML1100 Ethernet

šŸ™ƒ
the ML1100 protocol is somewhat different to the SLC/PLC5 Ethernet - more akin to the ControlLogix.
see if CMore has other alternatives for AB communications. if it only has one, you may find that it wont talk ML1100. Check with your Automation Direct guys.
Failing that, try using a NET-ENI through the serial port on the ML

C more was working fine, I just had a brain malfunction when addressing a bit address. I had a very simple request for the HMI to perform and managed to screw it up.

C more was working fine, I just had a brain malfunction when addressing a bit address. I had a very simple request for the HMI to perform and managed to screw it up.

Care to share that with the forum. Maybe someone can gain from your misfortune.

Had to do with the Object type setting for a momentary pushbuttons. I had an xio instruction set to a momentary off for object type. Don't remember how I had the xic set but the result was that the PLC refused to respond whenever I touched the screen. It beeped but did not seem to work. I was online monitoring the PLC at the time so just figured I didn't have communictations set up right.

The Cmore was way easier to set up than I was expecting.

Just so you know, the Cmore will display an alarm banner on the screen if it cannot communicate to a device or cannot find a particular address you have specified.