CLX-Adding Flex online

It looks like you are trying to add a module directly to a 1756 chassis. The Flex adapter will have to be added to the I/O list under a scanner, most likely a 1756-ENBT or EN2T.

Last edited:
It looks like you are trying to add a module directly to a 1756 chassis. The Flex adapter will have to be added to the I/O list under a scanner, most likely a 1756-ENBT or EN2T.
I already have 6x Flex drops, I am just trying to add another one in the same manner. I could not recall if I did the last lot online or not.

RSLogix 5000 v15 that added the ability to add I/O connections on the backplane, over unscheduled ControlNet and over EtherNet/IP for 1756-series and Generic modules during runtime.
Ahh, so generic's are fine. This is where I got slightly confused, as have added plenty of generics before.

Thanks for the white paper info, I will have a read up on that, as we are due to do some ControlNet in the near future!

No other I/O families, including drives and Bulletin 1794 FLEX and 1734 POINT adapters are included in that functionality.
Interesting, this is what makes the generic module so useful. If there was not a generic profile, then all these devices would have to be added offline also?

Thanks for the correction. Do you know which version of RSLogix 5000 added the capability to add a Variable Speed Drive during runtime ?

Ken

I am sure you must have Profile ver 2.01 or higer.
And it works in v 17.01

If I remember correctly it will work in v16 as long as you have profile v2.01, but without looking in KB I can't say for sure.

TN 49127 - How do I add I/O on Ethernet in my RS5000 project?

"...Starting with RSLogix version 16, it is possible to add PowerFlex drives online.."