ROC364 - Random Reboot

Bill Wheeler

Hello,

I have been asked to get involved with a Fischer Valve (Emerson) ROC 364 (circa 1995 install) that’s experiencing random shutdowns logged in the event db file as “All Power Removed” followed 1-sec. later by “Start up Sequence”. This problem appears to occur randomly and has been happening for over 2-years. Before I go into a lengthy description of the conditions I wanted to see if there was any expertise with this controller make.

I have pretty much ruled out a power failure by installing a data recorder. I have never seen the power to range more than 0.1 VDC (input power 24.6 VDC) and during the onset of the shutdown event there has never been a voltage drop of any amount recorded. I have also had a scope out and looked at the quality of the incoming power supply – looks very clean.

Thanks