Connecting Panel View C300 via USB

DaveZR2

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm having a helluva time connecting my laptop to my PanelView C300. Similar to this thread: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=40715&highlight=panelview+usb

I have a USB cable going from my laptop to the PVc USB device port. When I connected Windows automatically installed the driver (though I did not install a driver from a CD). After doing this I attempt to connect to the PanelView through my internet browser using this address: 169.254.254.2 but nothing happens.

Any tips?

Figured it out, nevermind.

If anyone else has this problem, go to start menu, settings, network connections....Find the local area connection labeled "Microsoft Loopback Adapter". Right click on it and select "Disable". Now the connection to the PanelView should work.