connecting cpu 414-2 with ET200M and touch panel MP 377 15"

nitin_s13

Hi

I am using a S7- 400 PLC which is connected to a PLC through profibus to a ET 200M module. This ET 200M is connected to the machine . This CPU is also connected to the touch panel MP 377 15" . My PG/PC is connected to the CPU through Ethernet by the communication processor CP 443-1. The connection between the PLC and my PG/ PC is working and am able to see the online status of the PLC. In the net pro i have designed the network topology of the whole system but when i try to save and compile it i get an error that my touchpanel is not connected to the network. If i connect both the profibus and Ethernet nodes of the touchpanel then the error is away. when i try to upload the program from my winCC to my touchpanel i require the routing function in the transfer settings of the PLC as i need to transfer first to the PLC through ethernet and then to touchpanel by profibus.

My question is

1) how do i create in netpro the network topology only with profibus and no errors. as i have no ethernet connection to my touchpanel and the PLC. or do i need to connect the ethernet aas well?

2) How do i transfer my wincc project to my touchpanel because i am unable to see the routing function in the transfer settings of wincc

Thank you

P.S : if this explanation does not help i will attach some screen shots.

thank you for the reply jasper.... i am using wincc 2008 sp2 i followed the instructions in this website but am still unable to get the routing function in the transfer settings of winCC. this option what u tick in the bottom called "enable routing" does not appear

when i open accessible nodes i am able to see my touchpanel

what could be the problem

Are you following the guide exactly ?
Do you have a PG/PC configured ?
Is the PG/PC assigned ? Does it have a yellow arrow in the online view ?
Are you using the transfer type "S7ethernet" (not just "ethernet") ?
Post a screenshot from NetPro.

Yes the Pg/ PC is assigned and i see the yellow arrow. during transfer i tried using both S7 ethernet as well as normal ethernet. i will send u the screen shots tomorrow. i am still unable to transfer.

Thinking about that you have a fast ethernet 443-1 card in the PLC, an MP377 with a prfectly fine ethernet port, why do you use Profinet for the MP377 ? It is much slower, and the profibus update time (TTR) will be much slower which handiacps the ET200M i/o on profibus.
And as a bonus, you wouldnt have to worry about routing.

hi here is teh net pro diagram... as to ur question my pg/pc as well as my Et 200 an my touchpanel at teh end have to be connected through profibus. my PG/ pc has a simba pro profibus card which i will be using to create a parallel simulation along with my machine. but for now my PG/ pc is connected to my plc through the ethernet only for transfer of my project after which it will be connected only through profibus. If i succeed in loading the win cc project i think i should be able to communicate with my ET 200 module. i guess!!! :unsure: the other problem is that i am unable to see teh ET200 connection in teh connections menu of my win cc i dont understand that as well.

thank u

Last edited:
Post a screenshot from WinCC Flex transfer dialog.

You wont be able to "connect" to i/o such as the ET200M, only to CPUs such as PLCs, PCs and HMIs.
But you can access the i/o image of the CPU, and the i/o image will include the images of the ET200M stations.

You dont write why the MP377 have to be connected via Profibus.

What is it that you must really achieve ?

I have attached my schamatic as well as the transfer settings. i need to connect all my modules using profibus. the ethernet is only used to transfer and to see my PLC in online module. I have a simbapro profibus card in my pg/pc as well which i will be using to create a parallel simulation using a software called WinMod configuration A740 . I am unable to communicate my different modules( ET 200, S7 400 and touchpanel ) in my project. the profibus connection between the PLC and teh PG/PC is temperarely removed. only teh ethernet connefction between the PG/PC and the computer exists for now.

Last edited:
i tried using S7 ethernet as well still does not work. the reason is i think the PG/ Pc is connected to the PLC using ethernet and the PLC to touch is connected through profibus. So i need routing.. but the option for routing does not appear.o_O i dont know why.... hmmmmm

The PG/PC has to be connected to ethernet.
If I follow the guide to the letter, I get the option to use Routing.
I suggest you start all over with an empty project following the guide. If you get it to work, you can copy over the program blocks and HMI screens and tags from the project you are working on now.

The HW Setup of the Profibus master network from the 414-2 CPU is more or less irrelevant for the HMI connetion. It does not help in explaining what goes wrong.
This should be obvious, so I am taking that you are not that experienced with S7 or WinCC Flex (sorry, but I have to say that).
Because of this, I really recommend that you start with a new empty project following the guide very closely.

Few comments:

-Connection MP377 to Ethernet has been made in NetPro, routing option won't be displayed.
-Are the Ethernet settings on the MP377 correct? Enable channel? Remote Control? Does it work when you manually put the MP377 in Transfer mode?