PLC uploading problem

angi

Hi guys

I got a problem when I tried to upload the code form Micrologix 1000 to my laptop, there are no any description for the code, the code itself is ok, how come the description disappeared?

Thanks

I support mordres answer the only plc that I know of that hold the descriptors is the new line product of PLC from automation direct.

I support mordres answer the only plc that I know of that hold the descriptors is the new line product of PLC from automation direct.
The Compact and Control Logix series controllers store descriptions as well as code.
The older SLC family does not.
You will need the source files in order to get the documentation.

can you upload the program, then type in the descriptions of the instructions, then save this code (with descriptions). I guess this is assuming you have an electrical schematic to follow.

The Compact and Control Logix series controllers store descriptions as well as code.
The older SLC family does not.
You will need the source files in order to get the documentation.

Wrong !! - CompactLogix and ControlLogix processors do not store descriptions.

The only description stored in a Logix processor is the Controller description from the Controller Properties dialog.

Wrong !! - CompactLogix and ControlLogix processors do not store descriptions.

The only description stored in a Logix processor is the Controller description from the Controller Properties dialog.

They do store "Tag Names"

can you upload the program, then type in the descriptions of the instructions, then save this code (with descriptions). I guess this is assuming you have an electrical schematic to follow.

Yes - then next time you go online with your new project file the descriptions will annotate the code.

I assume you do not have the original source file, as provided by the program author ???