AB analog module 1769-IF16C | Generic Extra Data Config

piscis

Do anyone knows what type of data we need to enter for this AB analog module 1769-IF16C on the tab called -Generic Extra Data Config-

4-16-2010 12-26-21 PM.jpg

Could someone with the newest version of RSlogix500 make a quick configuration and select this card on the list of module. Select properties and let me know what appears on the Tab that reads: “Generic Extra Data Config”.

Thanks

Thanks for your quick reply. I added the module as per the previous post. The problem I’m having right now is the error I get when the ladder is compiled. I still need to enter those numbers being requested at this tab “Generic Extra Data Config”. Can you find out -with your software- what those numbers are?

I still need to enter those numbers being requested at this tab “Generic Extra Data Config”. Can you find out -with your software- what those numbers are?

Admin, Please help me how to configuration 1769-IF16C with Micrologix 1500 LRP?

Reading the User Manual, you do it like as shown in the attached pictures.

1769-IF16C I-O Configuration Step 11.jpg 1769-IF16C Configuration Data File.jpg

Lancie
Thank you for your feedback
I was begged to give an example of charging data for one channel.
Thank you so much.

I don't know for sure. It appears that you have everything set to the default value of "0", except for Word 3 which is the Input Data Format for Channel 0 and also the Input Type/Range Select for Channel 0. I will look up -32767 (1111111111111111 in Binary) and see what that sets.

Did you try setting the "Ignore Configuration Error" box?

1769-IF16C General Configuration-Ignore Error.jpg

Last edited:
See your 1769-IF16C User Manual, page 38 for the bit values for Channel 0 (Words 2 and 3). These values depend on how you want to use each of the channels. Word 2 Bits 0 to 3 set the Input Filter Selection (default 0's sets 60 Hz). Word 2 Bits 08 to 10 sets Enable Interrupt, Process Alarm Latch, and Enable Process Alarms. Word 2 Bit 15 Enables Channel 0 if set to 1 (you probably want that!) You will need to convert each Word binary bit value to a hexadecimal or decimal value so that you can then enter a number for each box in the Configuration menu.

Word 3 Bits 00-03 sets the Input range in volts or miliamperes. Word 3 Bits 08-10 sets the Input Data Format (proportional, engineering units, Scaled for PID, or Percent Range. All other bits in Words 2 and 3 are reseverd and not user-settable. I assume that they will default to 0 so that you can calculate the value of the 16 bits to be entered.

1769-IF16C Configuration-Page 38.jpg

Last edited:
Lancie1

Well thank you very much for your information and it really helped me. For your help and your attention is greatly appreciated.
And I will try all of your instructions.

Great! Remember that you will need to set the user-settable 15 bits in 2 configuration Data words for each analog input channel that you are using. Words 2 & 3 are for Channel 0, and the other channels follow in order and use the same bit numbers. Once you find the decimal number for the type of setup you want, you can just copy that number to all the other input channels on the module.

It will NOT BE -32767 (all binary 1's), because the "reserved" bits will be 0.

Wonderful, you are very detailed explanations and help me in this matter and thank you for your help and your support, and now is able to read and transmitter and can be set.