Using an SCP instruction with a 1769-IF8 Analog Module

With either lead removed from the transducer, the input value goes to 3200.

After reconnecting the lead to the transducer and running the motor, the input value goes from the 4035 to 3200.

The (+) wire(the one with the clear insulator wrap from the photo) from the output terminal#4 of the transducer is connected to the 1769-IF8 terminal labeled 'Iin0+'.

The (-) wire(the one with the black insulator wrap from the photo) from the output terminal#3 of the transducer is connected to the 1769-IF8 terminal labeled 'V/Iin0-'.

The drain wire and shield is connected to ground(not -24vdc) via a green wire that attaches to a metal din rail via the din rail mounting screw.

Terminal#2 of the transducer is connected to +24vdc from the 24vdc-100amp power supply.

Terminal#1 of the transducer is connected to the -24vdc(dc ground) of the 24vdc-100amp power supply.

These connections are exactly the same for the other four transducers channels on the 1769-IF8 module.

There are no connections to any of the ANLG Com, Vin?+, and NC terminals on the 1769-IF8 module.

The closest example to showing the way that I have these transducers is on page 10 of the 1769-IF8 analog module manual labeled 'Differential Current Transmitter. I do not have the power supply for the transducer in any way connected to the 1769-IF8 module as shown at the bottom of that diagram on page 10 because I have a 4-wire transmitter - not a 2-wire transmitter.

Hey Greg guess what! That worked!! Why couldn't you tell me this 50 threads ago! Just kidding - trying to show that I still have a litte humor left in me. :)

At the current input settings of 4000 and 20000 scaled settings of 0 and 50, the output value went from 0(motor not running) to 6(+)(motor running).

Since these 12vdc motors are supposed to use approximately 8amps, I would say it's very close to being where it needs to be. Now when I know exactly what the level should be, how would I make an adjustment to Increase/Decrease that output value?

The one thing that I am positive about is that the positive (+) output of my power supply comes from the left side of the photo to the transducer and exits out the right side of the transducer in the direction of the arrow on the transducer as shown in the previous photo and then proceedes to the circuit breaker.
Warning sirens went off when I read that. CT direction is a little backward from what you expect (it is not the direction of traditional current flow, but the reverse.
Orientation And Polarity
CTs are marked with a symbol (arrow) or label which indicates the correct mechanical orientation of the CT on the conductor being measured. Find the arrow or label “THIS SIDE TOWARD SOURCE” on the CT and install the CT with the label or arrow facing toward the current source: generally the utility meter or the circuit breaker.

Last edited: