Using an SCP instruction with a 1769-IF8 Analog Module

Isn't the input range supposed to be 4-20ma since that's what the transducer's output is?

Yes, because the model number you posted says it has a 4-20ma output.

Also,isn't the filter supposed to be set to 60Hz for the good ole USA?

Depends on your noisy environment.

Is the Data Format wrong too - Engineering Units?

Your choice. See pdf

Last edited:
I don't understand exactly what you are saying. What you should be seeing when you open the picture that I sent is the following:
1. The first column shows the avaliable Channels 0-7
2. The second column allows the programmer to enable(or not) each individual channel of which I have chosen to enable, with a check in each box, channels 0-4
3. The third column is the input range of which I have chosen4ma to 20ma for each channel(even the channels which I did not enable 5-7)
4. The fourth column is for filtration and I chose 60Hz for all 8 channels even though I am only using channels 0-4
5. And for the fifth and final column available titled "Data Format" I chose Engineering Units for all 8 channels again even though I am using only channels 0-4 thinking that might be the easier way to go.

So, shortly, I will again post the module configuration entitled "1769-IF8 Configuration Tab" for further review. Please let me know if you are still seeing only voltage formatting.

Thanks for your patience,

Lloyd

If what is throwing most of you off is that I have more than one channel enabled, it's because I have a total of five motors that are being monitored by 5 transducers.

Sorry everyone - my bad! I don't where that first picture came from in post #9 but it entirely wrong. All channels are set for 4ma to 20ma for the input format.

The scaled_Max value of (-)100 is an arbitrary value that I placed into the equation to see if the output would change and it did change. I originally started with a value of 50 which gave an output value of (-)2. I know that the current value is going to be more than 2 just by doing the math. So I was just trying to figure why I was getting a negative value. When I make the scaled_Max value negative my output goes positive. And so that's the story of the (-)100.

Now I am confused by your SCP instruction. Why is the output sent back to the module's Control tag?
I now realize what you were asking in the very first post.

Last edited:
If by "input 0" you mean channel 0 and by "raw value" you mean the actual reading with an ammeter before excitement of the transducer, I do not know because all of my multimeters have blown fuses for the ammeter circuitry.

Have you measured the actual current flowing thru your input card?

The scaled min and max should match the scaling of your transducer.

4ma = ??
20ma = ??