Siemens PLC and HMI Time Synchronization

timaldred

I have a 315 series Siemens CPU and two Siemens touch panels running Wincc flexible standard that I need to synchronise the time on.
......Just something else you don`t get on the course........
If any one has a simple example of how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Timaldred,
would you pleas explain by what do you mean by synchronize them,Do you mean cycle time or what ?

Regards Gasser

What type of Network?

Are the PLC and HMI's connected via PROFIBUS or Ethernet?

There is an option in the screen to synchronize the times if you are using profibus. That option is not available over Ethernet.

If you are using ethernet, I would write a script that sets the HMI time based on the PLC time, and have it run every 6-12 hours. You can do this with tags.

The hmis are both connected via profibus. I`ve got it sorted now and both are synchronised with my plc. For once I managed to hit the right search criteria on the tech support FAQ page, which is a first for me o_O