step 7 can't interpret as project

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Got another one for you guys.
I have a Step 7 archive that when I try to retrieve it it says that Step 7 cannot interpret file as a project. It then throws it in the s7proj folder in its own folder named TMP0001

I can use the open feature in S7 to goto the file in the TMP0001 folder and open it and it seems fine. But if i archive and retrieve again I get the same message.
I can also use winzip to unzip it then open the file that has been unzipped.

Has anyone seen this before?
I will be calling the siemens tech support first thing on monday.

Thanks,
-Joel

Are you sure it was originally archived from Step7 ?

Do an experiment , once you get it open , re-archive and see if it works

Some people don't use the archive from within Step7 and it screws up the project

Thanks alot. I've only had to use that 1 other time and forgot about it.
Save as with re organize slow worked.

Before that I even tried a re organize then save as and it didn't do the trick. Didn't now there was that much difference between the 2 ways of doing it!

After trying it on another pc the file that I did a save as + reorg slow which worked last night, I found it still had errors when trying to retrieve on another machine.

1 thing I found was some SCL source code in a machine that didn't have SCL installed on it.

Apparently that makes a machine very angry.

Did a save as + reorganze (slow) on that machine and it fixes the problem by deleting the source file.

Crazy stuff!

After trying it on another pc the file that I did a save as + reorg slow which worked last night, I found it still had errors when trying to retrieve on another machine.

1 thing I found was some SCL source code in a machine that didn't have SCL installed on it.

Apparently that makes a machine very angry.

Did a save as + reorganze (slow) on that machine and it fixes the problem by deleting the source file.

Crazy stuff!

I should have read your first post "closer" :)

Can you post the project?

Sorry, I must not have been clear. :)

I'm not very good at saying what I'm thinking

But in my last post I was trying to say that the issue is solved, I had to do the Save as with Reorganize (slow) on another machine. One without SCL. And it fixes the issue by deleting the SCL source.

Thanks,