Melsec F2-20M

Jezz

Hi All,
We have several Melsec F2-20M PLC's on site and are looking into up grading ,does anyone know if it's possible to get the program off these and into a PC for conversion with have some printed copies of the software we can either upgrade to newer Mitsi's (if the software will convert easily) or AB's and do the conversion by hand in house...

Jezz

:D

I've done this already a couple times. I replaced all F2 PLCs with newer FX series Mitsubishi PLC. I used MEDOC (DOS based) to read the program from an F2 PLCs. MEDOC has an option to change a PLC type. So I changed it from F2 to FX type. GX Developer - Windows based software cannot read from F2 series PLCs, and than I used an import function in GX Developer. I did not have any problems. Very easy and fast method.

--Krys