Move Count

PackagingRich

Hi all. I am a newbe in this so bear with me. I am currently programming a A/B PanelView Component and a MicroLogix 1400. I am having trouble with a counter acc. I would like to take the accumulated count and copy it to another file and than reset the counter. My problem is that when i reset the counter i also reset the accumulated count. Any suggestions?

How are you doing this? First you need to copy the .acc, THEN you can reset the counter. The .acc count is set to zero when the counter is reset.

I assume your logic is something like this:

Count Trigger
---| |--------------------|CTU |---

--------------------------|MOV |----
|CTU.ACC |
|Storage |

If so, you need a trigger to perform the move so it doesn't do it every scan. The CTU instruction has bits you can use to perform this. Read up on it and let us know what you come up with.

My logic is what Paully's drawn. I want to take that storage of the CTU,
and store that for future referance.

---| |--------------------|CTU |---

--------------------------|MOV |----

|CTU.ACC |

|Storage |

Reset Counter
---| |-------------------- Copy

|CTU.ACC |

|Storage |
This reset is done at end of shift to see case count.