OSR error on SLC 5/03

mmarinr

Hey guys!

Ok, now I'm dealing with a SLC 5/03 processor.

Here's the pic.

The thing is I was programming some stuff and when I tried to verify the project I got this really disturbing message:

OSR instruction is not valid on the currently selected processor! -> 1747-L532E 5/03 CPU - 16K Mem. OS302 Series C FRN 3-8

Any suggestion? Posible change of processor on RSLogix? Any alternate way of creating an OSR?

Thanks for your help once again!

IMG_20100830_153602.jpg

Hey guys!

Ok, now I'm dealing with a SLC 5/03 processor.

Here's the pic.

The thing is I was programming some stuff and when I tried to verify the project I got this really disturbing message:

OSR instruction is not valid on the currently selected processor! -> 1747-L532E 5/03 CPU - 16K Mem. OS302 Series C FRN 3-8

Any suggestion? Posible change of processor on RSLogix? Any alternate way of creating an OSR?

Thanks for your help once again!

Can you post your PLC Program File? (Zip it First) If not, how about a Screen Shot of the offending Rung? When I try it with that Processor, it Compiles fine. It may be how you are trying to use the Instruction.

Stu.....

Last edited:
@sthompson: Here's the ScSh of the rung.

A little explanation of what I'm trying to do right here.

This instruction is used to extend a mechanism. You can do this in auto mode (upper section of rung 004) or you can do it in manual mode (lower section rung 004). TABLE_AUTO and TABLE_MAN are the switches used to select the mode. There is also the emergency stop button and as an output an integer which activates the physical output in another ladder.

The key right here is that if you activate the manual button, the OSR creates a flank, which I use to create the latching action with rungs 006 and 004.

You can see how rung 005 has the eeeeee symbols.

Thank you so much for your help "Stu" (y)

rung.jpg

Last edited:
Instead of a box at the end of the rung the OSR is a mid-line instruction with its aregument as the memory bit (the top argument in the box you were trying to use.) At the end of the rung place an OTE to serve as an output bit (the bottom argument from the box you tried to use.)

Example

XIC I:1.0/0 OSR B3:0/0 OTE B3:0/1

mmarinr,
That "OSR" instruction is only valid in the ML1200,ML1400, and ML1500.
What processor do you have? Post your .rss file . ( zip it first)

osr.jpg

Last edited:
mmarinr,
That "OSR" instruction is only valid in the ML1200,ML1400, and ML1500.
What processor do you have? Post your .rss file . ( zip it first)

There is a pic of the processor I'm using at the top of the thread. (Just being curious... Did I choose the right processor on RSLogix? I selected 1747-L532E 5/03 CPU - 16K Mem. OS302 Series C FRN 3-8)

Unfortunately, I not allowed to post the whole Program File. :confused:

@bernie: Thanks a lot! I'll try that! (y)

Last edited:
Yes you chose the right processor. You just chose the wrong instruction for that processor.

Take Bernies advice.

There is a pic of the processor I'm using at the top of the thread. (Just being curious... Did I choose the right processor on RSLogix? I selected 1747-L532E 5/03 CPU - 16K Mem. OS302 Series C FRN 3-8)

Unfortunately, I not allowed to post the whole Program File. :confused:

@bernie: Thanks a lot! I'll try that! (y)

HMM? the RSLogix500 I have will not even allow me to add that type of OSR with your processor. Can you open your .rss file and take a snap shot of the controller properties see example below.

properties.jpg

@mickey: I think I know what the problem is... I was told to modify a Program made by someone else. But as you say if I try to add a new OSR (big box) I'm not allowed. But since I work using COPY-PASTE I didn't noticed that till now. :ROFLMAO:

You're right! And there's the snapshot of my controller properties...

Bernie's advice worked out! It seems to compile fine!

Thanks to you everybody who gave me advice!

cont_prop.PNG

HMM? the RSLogix500 I have will not even allow me to add that type of OSR with your processor. Can you open your .rss file and take a snap shot of the controller properties see example below.

I just checked and mine won't either but I'm sure that you used to be able to insert an instruction not valid to your selected processor and the instruction would show up, just no verify?

If you change processor types or do the cut/paste thing you can get invalid instructions.Then just walk through checking each error after a compile attempt.

@sthompson: Here's the ScSh of the rung.

A little explanation of what I'm trying to do right here.

This instruction is used to extend a mechanism. You can do this in auto mode (upper section of rung 004) or you can do it in manual mode (lower section rung 004). TABLE_AUTO and TABLE_MAN are the switches used to select the mode. There is also the emergency stop button and as an output an integer which activates the physical output in another ladder.

The key right here is that if you activate the manual button, the OSR creates a flank, which I use to create the latching action with rungs 006 and 004.

You can see how rung 005 has the eeeeee symbols.

Thank you so much for your help "Stu" (y)

This is kind of what I suspected, the SLC5/03 doesn't support the OSR Instruction in the form you are using it. The SLC Instruction Help, under the Help Menu, is actually quite good. Have a look at it.
Anyway, in the SLC5/03 you have to use it in this form.

Stu.....

OSR.jpg

This is kind of what I suspected, the SLC5/03 doesn't support the OSR Instruction in the form you are using it. The SLC Instruction Help, under the Help Menu, is actually quite good. Have a look at it.
Anyway, in the SLC5/03 you have to use it in this form.

Stu.....

Your going to need something upstream of that "OSR"