Changes

SMOKE

So I made some big changed tonight. Waiting for perhaps an early call, but I tested it. What rules do you all go on to deride to make the change when your not there to watch.

So I made some big changed tonight. Waiting for perhaps an early call, but I tested it. What rules do you all go on to deride to make the change when your not there to watch.

I try not too, but sometimes it is unavoidable. For Allen Bradley, I leave the Edits in Test Mode, so the Shift Electrician can Untest them if things go wrong. On other PLCs, I save a copy of the PLC Program in its state just before I made the changes, so that if the problem is serious enough, the Shift Electrician can Download the original back in. We also have a Log Book that all PLC changes are recorded in. However, for big Program changes, there is no way you can put everything you changed in it.

Most of our PLC Programs are not critical, nothing is going to explode, so I can afford to do the above.

Stu....

That's ok, but NEVER ever do it on a Friday.