Rotary unions???

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have seen these before that will allow you to use a single phase heater and a thermocouple feedback from a rotating joint. Does any body have a good source for them? I did a Google search and found some that looked like they where all custom one off builds.

Oh yea by the way I may not be coming back to this site I just got a E-ail telling me that there is "9,045,000.00 dolarrs" in a off shore account that needs to be transfered to the US. They chose me. All I have to do is send them all of my friends SS numbers. What a deal? So any time you guys want to forward your Name, SS, phone, mothers maiden name, and anything else that might help these guys steal your ID just let me know so I can get rich beyond all dreams.
Thanks I will be waiting for your info.

Oh yea by the way I may not be coming back to this site I just got a E-ail telling me that there is "9,045,000.00 dolarrs" in a off shore account that needs to be transfered to the US. They chose me. All I have to do is send them all of my friends SS numbers. What a deal? So any time you guys want to forward your Name, SS, phone, mothers maiden name, and anything else that might help these guys steal your ID just let me know so I can get rich beyond all dreams.

I just went through hell with the phone company where someone stole my identity. I have fowarded your statement to the King County (Washington State) Sheriff as information possibly related to my case.
You should contact law enforcement regarding this.

Dan Bentler

PS
Yes I was kidding.

My wife had her wallet stolen they went for the cash and credit cards. We got lucky the didn't go after her ID. We had more problems explaning that they stole it and we wanted to put a watch on her ID. The guys and gals on the other end of the phone just couldn't understand why we would want to be proactive.

Wait a minute the phone just rang it was the bank saying I have millions and millions. man is it a good day or what???

I actually knew someone that fell for this. I entered into a partnership with him to start an integration company, he told me he had the finances in the bank to back us up. When things got dicey (as they always do) I asked about his back-up plan, he started spouting off about the Nigerian scam and he believed it! Hook line and sinker. I was sick...

He lost about $150K (and that was in 1991 dollars), it was everything he had saved for his retirement. I never had the heart to tell him, but he eventually figured it out. Our business failed eventually. He had turned to drinking and stopped paying attention to business. Eventually the drinking killed him.

I've used the Mercotacs and brushed slip rings in the past. We replaced the brushed slip rings (which needed replacing every few months)with the Mercotac unions. We had almost no failure rate with the Mercotac units, usually mechanical damage to the spade terminals from careless operators. The only drawback I see with them is that the higer the number of conductor paths you have, the lower the max rpms decrease. Not a problem with low speed equipment.