Extracting S7-300 PLC programs

You mean when going online and RSLogix wants to merge the online program with an offline project.

The smartest is to do an offline/online compare of the complete project. That will tell you how big the differences are between the offline and the online projects.

If the differences are minor, then I always simply recreate the differences in the offline project. That keeps the network comments in the right place. If complete networks have been inserted, you can simply copy-paste from online to offline.

If there are blocks that are totrally different or missing offline, you can upload only these blocks. Network comments will then have to put in anew, after analysing what the code does.

Network comments will then have to put in anew, after analysing what the code does.

If you are overwriting an existing block with an uploaded one then the Network Comments should remain.

There used to be a bug whereby Network Comments would 'move up' to fill the space left by a network that didn't have a comment (i.e. comments on networks 1,2,4,5,6 - you would end up with the comments on networks 1,2,3,4,5 and NW's 3,4,5 would obviously be the wrong comment) but that's been dealt with.

Do a 'compare' of your code and, as Jesper quite rightly says, then go online and copy (CTRL + C) and paste (CTRL + V) just the blocks that are different (FC's, OB's and FB's).

You can 'generally' ignore DB's are these normally just hold transient values (** not always though...*) and you can ignore SFB's and SFC's.

;-)

uptown47 said:
as Jesper quite rightly says, then go online and copy (CTRL + C) and paste (CTRL + V) just the blocks that are different (FC's, OB's and FB's).
I didnt say copy-paste "blocks".
I said copy-paste "networks".

Only upload complete blocks if they are new or completely different.

The compare function usually does a pretty good job at telling if networks have been added or removed.
You have to check these differences one by one to and add or remove networks accordingly.